Bachelor programme in Physical Geography & Ecosystem Science
Our bachelor programme includes climatology, environmental science, ecosystems analysis, geographical information systems, remote sensing and geomorphology. Here is a list of some of the recommended courses included in the programme:
- Physical Geography: An Introduction to the Global Environment, 15 ECTS * Autumn 1 (compulsory)
- Theory and Methods of Physical Geography, 15 ECTS Aut 2 (compulsory)
- Hydrology 15 ECTS Spring 1
- Ecosystem Analysis, 15 ECTS* Spr 2 (compulsory)
- Geographical Information Systems, introduction, 15 ECTS Aut 1 (compulsory)
- Geographical Information Systems, advanced, 15 ECTS Aut 2
- The Climate System, 15 ECTS Spr 1 (compulsory)
- Remote Sensing for Landscape Studies, 15 ECTS Spr 2 (compulsory)
- Elective, at another department or university (compulsory)
- Elective at another department or university (compulsory) Many students choose exchange studies this semester, but you can also study at another department at LU
- Land surface processes and landscape dynamics, 15 ECTS* Spr 1
- Bachelor degree project Spr 2
* Longer field component
You need to fulfil general admission requirements, and have upper secondary school courses equivalent to Swedish "Biology 1", "Physics 1", "Chemistry 1", OR two of these subjects level 2, and "Matematik 4".
When you are admitted to the programme, you are guaranteed admittance to all courses, provided that you fulfil the particular admission requirements for each course.
The programme offers training suitable for a wide range of professional roles. These could be, for instance:
- work with climate and water issues
- nature conservation planning
- foreign aid work
- EU related issues
- handling of data and development of analytical methods
After having completing the bachelor programme, you are welcome to continue your studies by taking one of our five masters programmes.
Sweden is one of the countries with best English language abilities, among countries where English is not the official language. Read more at the English Proficiency Index site.
Credits: 180 ECTS
Program starts: Autumn
Language of instruction: English
- General admission requirements
- Upper secondary school courses equivalent to Biology 1, Physics 1, Chemistry 1 - or level 2 in at least two of the aforementioned subjects together with Mathematics 4.