Nordic Master in Environmental Changes at Higher Latitudes (EnCHiL)
This programme is for you who are interested in the environmental and societal development of the Arctic. Please note that this programme can be applied to at the programme website only.
A Bachelor’s degree of at least 180 credits in physical geography, physics, or the equivalent, including a minimum of 90 ECTS of studies in natural sciences and technology, with a minimum average grade of at least C on the ECTS grading scale. English Level 6.
About the programme
Due to climate change, increased economic activities and access to the arctic area, ecosystems and societies are changing in accelerated rate. To better understand the effects of changes in nature and society at high latitudes, this program presents the different biological, physical and social processes and how they interact in the arctic environments.
A joint Nordic master
The programme is a joint Nordic master, which means that students will graduate from two universities: the Agricultural University of Iceland and the University of Helsinki or Lund University. In addition, EnCHiL students will have access to courses and research projects at any of the EnCHiL associated partners: the University of Oulu in Finland, the University of Aarhus in Denmark, the Greenland Institute of Natural Resources and the Estonian University of Life Sciences.
Courses depends on starting location. For enrolling at Lund campus is the following course plan:
- Greenhouse Gases and Biogeochemical Cycles, 15 ECTS, Lund University
- Statistical tools for climate and atmospheric science, 5 ECTS, distance learning
- Climate Change in the Arctic, 5 ECTS, distance learning
- Climate Now, 5 ECTS, distance learning
- Arctic forum, 5 ECTS, Agricultural University of Iceland
- EnCHiL forum ,1 ECTS, Agricultural University of Iceland
- Ethics and Philosophy of Science, 6 ECTS, Agricultural University of Iceland
- Communication, Knowledge and Extension, 4 ECTS, Agricultural University of Iceland
- Environmental Governance, 6 ECTS, Agricultural University of Iceland
- Arctic Planning and Environmental Changes, 2 ECTS, Agricultural University of Iceland
- First thesis presentation, 1 ECTS, Agricultural University of Iceland
- Sea Ice Ecology 5 ECTS, Greenland Institute of Natural Resources
- Courses at one of the EnCHiL partners 30 ECTS
- Thesis project 30 ECTS
Fees and practicalities
Please check the EnCHiL website for information:
- Important dates
- Contact information
- In the programme – handbook for student
Find all information and apply to this programme via the EnCHiL website: https://enchil.net/