The Climate System
This course teach you the basics about the global climate system. You will learn about climate variations and climatological processes and how those affects the global and local climate. During the course you will learn about the global and regional climatology, enable you to answer questions such as:
- what causes the largescale differences in the energy budget?
- what are the diferent components of the global climate system?
- what are the physical characteristics and the chemical composition of the atmosphere?
- how can the global and regional energy flows in the atmosphere be described?
You will also learn about the general atmospheric circulation and the coupling between oceans and atmosphere with its role in the energy exchange. After this course you will have an improved understanding of:
- the components affecting the energy balance of the atmosphere on different spatial- and time scales
- the relationship between the composition of weather-systems and their variations
You will be able to explain natural and antropogenetic causes to variation in weather. You will have learned basic climatological analysis methods and how to adapt and evaluate climate analysis to environmetal and social applications.
Teaching consists of lectures, practicals, field exercises, seminars, group exercises and project work.