Master’s programme in Geomatics
The Master´s programme in Geomatics aims at providing you with an attractive education that will prepare you for for work in governmental and private organisations as well as for research. It provides courses in a wide range of areas in the field of geomatics including geographic information systems (GIS), geodesy, remote sensing and computer science. The programme consists of three parts. The first part provides theoretical courses in e.g. computer science and statistics. The second part contains a number of courses in geographic information technology regarding:
- collecting data – mainly remote sensing and geodesy,
- storage of data – e.g. spatial database technology,
- treatment of data – fundamental algorithms in geographical analysis,
- distribution of data – e.g. standardized web services, and
- visualization – e.g. cartographic rules for screen display.
The third and last part treats applications mainly focusing on environmental, physical and urban planning.
Language proficiency requirements
Find out about English language proficiency requirements here.