Bachelor degree project
This is the thesis course of the bachelor programme in physical geography and ecosystem analysis. The degree thesis is an independent project.
Finding a subject
We'd like to recommend you to try finding a suitable subject for your thesis project so you are clear about that when you start. Together with your supervisor, you will discuss your subject of choice. Many of our students students choose subjects related to ongoing research at the department. But you can also choose to cooperate with organisations, companies or institutes outside of the department.
The project needs to fit in the given time and could be based on literature, or analysis of existing data. But it can also be based on experiments in laboratories, or field data.
Presentation and examination
After finishing your thesis, you will present it in a scientific report. You will also present your work at a seminar with another student as opponent, as well as an exam committee consisting of two teachers.
Course facts: NGEK01
Credits: 15 ECTS
Period: Spring, period 2
Language of instruction: English
Prerequisites: General admission requirements and
- NGEA01 Physical Geography, Introduction to the Global Environment, 15 ECTS credits
- NGEA03 Remote Sensing for Landscape Studies, 15 ECTS credits
- NGEA04 Ecosystems Analysis, 15 ECTS credits
- NGEA06/NGEA21 The Climate System, 15 credits
- NGEA07 Theory and Methods of Physical Geography 15 credits
- NGEA11 Geographical Information Systems, basic course, 15 ECTS credits
Other courses may constitute a valid basis for accreditation, after consultation with the director of studies/examiner, depending on the subject matter of the degree project.