I am senior lecturer in physical geography and director of ICOS Sweden.
My research is within the field of climatology and biogeophysics and concerns exchange of energy and matter between the soil, the plants and the atmoshpere. I study how plants work and interact with the climate system, their capability to take up carbon from the atmosphere and thus to mitigate climate change. Furthermore, I am interested in their vulnerability to extremes and changes as these are a part of the climate system.
My research matters because climate is a resource in the earth system that provides an environment where we can grow food and provide ourselves with what we need for our living. Today we are well aware of that it can also be a threat by its rapid changes and extremes. The biological systems are affected by climate and interact with the atmosphere and it is therefore very important to understand these interactions.
Displaying of publications. Sorted by year, then title.
- Effects of drought and meteorological forcing on carbon and water fluxes in Nordic forests during the dry summer of 2018Anders Lindroth, Jutta Holst, Maj-lena Linderson, Mika Aurela, Tobias Biermann, et al.
(2020) Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 375 p.20190516-20190516
(2018) Global Change Biology, 24 p.694-710
(2017) New Phytologist, 216 p.758-770
- Evaluation of the phenological synchrony between potato crop and Colorado potato beetle under future climate in EuropeBakhtiyor Pulatov, Anna Maria Jönsson, Renate A I Wilcke, Maj Lena Linderson, Karin Hall, et al.
(2016) Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment, 224 p.39-49
- Modeling climate change impact on potato crop phenology and the risk of frost damage in northern EuropeBakhtiyor Pulatov, Maj-Lena Linderson, Karin Hall, Anna Maria Jönsson
(2015) Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 214 p.281-292
(2015) Nature Climate Change, 5 p.459-464
- Educating the next generation decision makers - the multi-disciplinary classroom as a platform for developing communication skills needed for future progress of adaptation measuresJörgen Olofsson, Anna Maria Jönsson, Maj-Lena Linderson, Carin Nilsson
- Effect of climate change on the potential spread of the Colorado potato beetle in Scandinavia : an ensemble approachBakhtiyor Pulatov, Karin Hall, Maj-Lena Linderson, Anna Maria Jönsson
(2014) Climate Research, 62 p.15-24
- Modelling as a tool for analysing the temperature-dependent future of the Colorado potato beetle in EuropeAnna Maria Jönsson, Bakhtiyor Pulatov, Maj-Lena Linderson, Karin Hall
(2013) Global Change Biology, 19 p.1043-1055
- Up-scaling of water use efficiency from leaf to canopy as based on leaf gas exchange relationships and the modeled in-canopy light distributionMaj-Lena Linderson, Teis N Mikkelsen, Andreas Ibrom, Anders Lindroth, Kim Pilegaard
(2012) Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 152 p.201-211
- The effect of water availability on stand-level productivity, transpiration, water use efficiency and radiation use efficiency of field-grown willow clonesMaj-Lena Linderson, Zinaida Iritz, Anders Lindroth
(2007) BIOMASS & BIOENERGY, 31 p.460-468
- Defining dry/wet spells for point observations, observed area averages, and regional climate model gridboxes in EuropeLars Bärring, Tom Holt, Maj-Lena Linderson, Madej Radziejewski, Marco Moriondo, et al.
(2006) Climate Research, 31 p.35-49
(2004) Nordic Hydrology, 35 p.261-278
(2004) Global and Planetary Change, 44 p.195-207
- Performance of the Rossby Centre regional atmospheric model in Southern Sweden: comparison of simulated and observed precipitationC Achberger, Maj-Lena Linderson, D Chen
(2003) Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 76 p.219-234
(2003) Geografiska Annaler. Series A. Physical Geography, 85 p.183-196
- The Spatial Distribution of Precipitation in Scania, Southern Sweden. Observations, model simulations and statistical downscaling.Maj-Lena Linderson
(2001) International Journal of Climatology, 21 p.155-169
- Calculations of the deposition of 137Cs from nuclear bomb tests and from the Chernobyl accident over the province of Skåne in the southern part of Sweden based on precipitationIsaksson Mats, Bengt Erlandsson, Maj-Lena Linderson
(2000) Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, 49 p.97-112