This course teach you the basics about the global climate system. It presents climate variations and climatological processes and how those affects the global and local climate. Further it presents their effect on management of the environment and society. It will also present climatological analysis methods.
During the course you will learn about the global and regional climatology:
- what causes the largescale diferences in the energy budget
- what are the diferent components of the global climate system.
- What are the phyical characteristics and chemical composition of the atmosphere, including the global and regional energy flows.
- the general atmospheric cirrculation and the coupling between oceans and atmosphere with its role in the energy exchange.
After this course you will have an improved understanding of:
- which components affect the energy balance of the atmosphere on different spatial- and time scales.
- the relationship between the composition of weather-systems and their variations
You will be able to explain natural and antropogenetic causes to variation in weather. You will have learned basic climatological analysis methods and how to adapt and evaluate climate analysis to environmetal and social applications.
Teaching consists of lectures, practicals, field exercises, seminars, group exercises and project work.